ETpedia Teacher Training provides both new and more experienced teacher trainers with pointers, ideas and activities to support both pre- and in-service teachers. In addition, you can use it in a variety of different teaching contexts, including in the classroom and online. Each unit of 10 tips is easy to use and will aid or inspire you whether you are dipping in for a quick idea or looking for more comprehensive guidance.
Here are 10 reasons to use it as part of your teacher training practice:
- Learn more about the different aspects of a teacher trainer’s role
- Get support with making the transition from teacher to trainer
- Make your training more engaging
- Get inspiration for preparing input sessions
- Recap techniques and activities you haven’t used in a while
- Supplement your repertoire with fresh new ideas
- Develop your mentoring skills
- Use alternative approaches to observation
- Fine-tune your feedback skills
- Integrate online training techniques.
Whether you’re a new teacher trainer looking for support, or a more experienced teacher trainer, this is the book for you. ETpedia Teaching Training is packed with ideas for beginning TT courses, input sessions, teaching practice, lesson planning, lesson observations, self-reflection, giving feedback, assignments and written tasks, different training contexts, further development and ending TT courses.
You can view a sample chapter from ETpedia Teacher Training here.
ETpedia Teacher Training is part of the ETpedia series, which each offer practical tips and ideas across a wide range of topics. You can explore the full range here.