This handbook provides information and guidance on implementing person-centred active support. It can be used to support the multimedia training resource of the same name, or it can be read independently. Utilising examples, tools and experiences from a range of organisations and services, it provides the reader with additional information on a range of implementation issues. It also provides examples and suggestions to help successfully support people to participate in meaningful activities and relationships.
Key themes include:
- background and evidence of person-centred active support
- providers' experience of implementing person-centred active support
- developing person-centred approaches using person-centred active support
- actively supporting people with profound and multiple disabilities
- actively supporting people whose behaviour is challenging
- implementing person-centred active support in a range of services and situations
- organising person-centred active support
- the role of practice leadership
- practice leadership behaviour and skills
- quality management and evaluation
- lessons for the future.
Professionals within the social care sector are required to undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD). Those who use this resource will be able to gain CPD points.
Available as an ebook
This title is also available in the following formats from other retailers:
Not sure which ebook format you need? View our ebook FAQs.
Frontline care staff, first-line managers, professionals, advisers, trainers and others working with staff to improve the support they provide to people with learning disabilities.
Publisher: Pavilion Publishing and Media
Publication: 28 June 2010
Content: Chapter 1: Background and importance of person-centred active support; Chapter 2: Providers' experiences of providing person-centred active support; Chapter 3: Essentials of person-centred active support; Chapter 4: Increasing predictability; Chapter 5: Increasing consistency; Chapter 6: Promoting team work; Chapter 7: What is practice leadership?; Chapter 8: Skills and motivation; Chapter 9: Modelling and coaching; Chapter 10: Monitoring and reviewing; Chapter 11: Linking person-centred active support; Chapter 12: Person-centred active support and people with complex needs; Chapter 13: Person-centred active support and positive behaviour support; Chapter 14: Evaulation; Chapter 15: Learning lessons for the future