The Level 2 Certificate is a work-based qualification based on the day-to-day practice of staff and volunteers new to the mental health field. The training programme and materials in this manual have been designed to assssist employers, trainers, assessors and line managers invloved in supporting staff and workers understanding this qualification.
The Level 2 Certificate comprises five units:
Unit 1: Principles of Mental Health Work
Unit 2: The Experience of Mental Distress
Unit 3: Effective Communication
Unit 4: The Working Environment
Unit 5: Developing as a Mental Health Worker
Training sessions relate to these five units and focus on key aspects of the learning outcomes for each unit.
This manual is divided into two parts - the Training Manual and the Student's Workbook.
The Training Manual contains an introductory one-day mental-health awareness course, and detailed information about;
- links to Induction and Foundation standards
- accreditation of prior learning
- the assessment requirements of the Level 2 Certificate and guidance on meeting these requirements
- using the manual to deliver the programme
- facilitation, including group numbers, materials etc
The training includes:
1. programmes and trainer's guidance on running half-day training sessions for each of the five units, including the aims of the unit and its intended learning outomes
2. practical activities and inderpinning knowlege requirements as set out in the City & Guilds Scheme Handbook
3. resource materials, including handout and overgead masters
4. web and document references for further information.
Professionals within the social care sector are required to undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Those who use this resource will be able to gain CPD points.
Publisher: Pavilion Publishing and Media
Publication: 13 January 2014