A fully revised, new edition of Understanding and Responding to Autism: The SPELL Framework (2nd edition) including new video, self-study guide and learner workbook.
These new training and self-study resources reflect the changes in the autism context in the UK as well as in many other countries, and the valuable experience the authors have gained from many years of using the original resources for training in many different settings.
This training pack is designed for those who wish to lead more traditional classroom-based training, which is still the recommended option for delivering training in understanding and supporting people on the autism spectrum. The resource includes:
- PowerPoint presentations for the training
- The trainer’s guidelines which include:
- Background information
- Optional examples and thinking activities
- Ideas for tailoring the presentation to different audiences
- A copy of the self-study guide, which mirrors the trainer’s guidelines from the pack, and therefore provides the background information needed to run the training in a convenient format. It also provides a self-study route through the content, guiding the reader through the materials and when to watch particular videos and do the various exercises and activities, to encourage independent thinking and learning
- A learner workbook for classroom-based training with key points from each element of the training, some additional background information and space to complete the exercises during the sessions etc.
- Training evaluation form and attendance certificate