About this study day
Children who need help and protection deserve high quality and effective support as soon as a need is identified. This CPD-accredited study day brings you the opportunity to hear from experts on the latest research, policy and practice issues, and will contribute to your ongoing professional development in this critically important service area.
Brought to you by CareKnowledge, this study day is designed for professionals with responsibilities in child protection and/or safeguarding.
Objectives of this study day:
- Delegates will understand the main implications that the updated guidance in Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018) has for their practice, and explore how they can implement changes
- Delegates will understand why it can be so difficult for abused children to speak out, and learn about approaches that may help professionals to better support children in disclosing their experience of abuse
- Delegates will have the opportunity to hear about recent research into child sexual abuse and child sexual exploitation, and how this can inform their practice
- Delegates will learn about building safety into relationships and how to ensure a trauma-informed response to assessment
- Delegates within the social care sector who are required to undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) will be able to gain 4 CPD points from their attendance.
CareKnowledge is a well established and popular online platform providing access to expert evidence-based information across the whole spectrum of social work practice; from child protection to dementia, mental health, learning disability and everything in between. CareKnowledge supports essential professional workforce development for adults’ and children’s social care to over 20,000 social care staff.
In response to reader demand, CareKnowledge is launching a series of one day events focusing on specific areas of practice. Working Together to Better Protect and Safeguard Children is the first of these events.