A Practical Introduction to Teacher Training in ELT is an invaluable support tool for teacher trainers, those planning to become a teacher trainer and anyone who does staff training as part of their role. The book will help you understand and shape your teacher training practice.
This is the ideal teacher training companion, covering all aspects of training, both face to face and online:
- Find out how to get into teacher training
- Discover techniques to use in input sessions
- Develop ways to structure sessions
- Construct lesson plans
- Understand different approaches for observing lessons and giving feedback
- Gain insights into planning, managing and co-ordinating training sessions.
‘Thank you for the inspection copies of A Practical Introduction to Teacher Training in ELT and ETpedia. These look like they are excellent resources and ones that I’ll add to our reading list.’
– Ben Beaumont, TESOL Qualifications Manager, Trinity College London
A Practical Introduction to Teacher Training in ELT is for teacher trainers, those intending to become a teacher trainer or do any staff training as part of their role.
“Overall, this book would be most useful for those in a management position where they have to take responsibility for ongoing staff development and performance, or for experienced teachers who are considering a move into teacher training and want to know how to get started. There’s plenty in A Practical Introduction to Teacher Training in ELT to make it interesting reading and a source of new ideas for more experienced teacher trainers as well. A worthy investment.”
– Sophia Khan, English Australia Journal
Publisher: Pavilion Publishing and Media
Publication: 20 October 2015
1. Teacher training for the first time
2. Training techniques
3. Lesson planning and preparing for teaching practice
4. Observing lessons
5. Giving feedback
6. Managing teacher training
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.