This handbook provides additional information on implementing person-centred active support. It can be used to support the multi-media training resource but it can also be read independently. Utilising examples, tools and experiences from a range of organisations and services, this book provides the reader with additional information on a range of implementation issues. It also provide examples and suggestions to help readers successfully support people to participate in meaningful activities and relationships.
Key themes include:
- background and evidence of person-centred active support
- providers' experience of implementing person-centred active support
- developing person-centred approaches using person-centred active support
- actively supporting people with profound and multiple disabilities
- actively supporting people whose behaviour is challenging
- implementing person-centred active support in a range of services and situations
- organising person-centred active support
- the role of practice leadership
- practice leadership behaviour and skills
- quality management and evaluation
- lessons for the future
Continuous Professional Development
Professionals within the social care sector are required to undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD). Those who use this resource will be able to gain CPD points.
Vital information for: front-line care staff, first-line managers, professionals, advisers, trainers and others working with staff to improve the support they provide to people with learning disabilities.